Books are always the greatest source of inspiration to us. If you are book worm obviously you know that the writers have showed us the right path of life by giving inspirational message from time to time. There are many classic creators who made beautiful quotes from their life experiences. And as a result we the readers get them from their writings which lead us to the right path of our life. Obviously it depends on the writer and the book’s subject. Keep in mind that the writers have extraordinary philosophical views which they shares with us. It is not very common to all the people making quotes. Actually making a quote needs a lot of creative and philosophical aspects and this is the thing the great writers have. Almost each and every classic writing creation contains some beautiful quotes but nowadays due to our busy schedule we hardly get time to spend them with books. So we have collected some all time greatest quotes made by the all time greatest writers. Read the quotes below know about the writers and their best quotes.
Good Quotes from Books
1. “That’s the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.” – The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosainni.
2. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a look at how he treat his inferiors, not his equals.” – J.K Rowling at Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
3. “Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.” – Jen C.
4. “I am quite illiterate, but I read a lot.” – Haulden Caulfield in Catcher in the Rye.
5. “Not all who wander are lost.” – J.R.R Tolkien from The Hobbit.
6. “To understand just one life, you have to swallow the world.” – Salman Rushdie in Midnights Children.
7. “It’s always easier to say good-bye when you know it’s just a prelude to hello.” – Maureen Johnson in The last Little Blue Envelope.
8. “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.” – Oscar Wilde.
9. “The purpose of Literature is to turn blood into Ink.” – T.S Eliot.
10. “Life without illusion is a ghostly affair.” – Virginia Wolf.
11. “I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying” – Oscar Wilde.
12. “To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except the exercise, getting up early or be respectable.” – Oscar Wilde.
13. “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person” – John Green.
14. “A prayer for the wild at heart that are kept in cages.” – Tennessee Williams.
15. “I have scars on my hand for touching certain peoples.” – J.D Salinger.
16. “I know pretty much what I like or dislike; but please don’t ask me who I am.” – Sylvia Plath.
17. “Hard work is simply the refuge of people who have nothing to do.” – Oscar Wilde.
18. “I don’t want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.” – Oscar Wilde.
19. “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability” – Oscar Wilde.
20. “I’m moved by everything broken and crippled. Since that’s how we really are.” – Anna Kamienska.
21. “I am interested in language because it wounds and seduces me.” – Roland Barthes.
22. “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.” – J.D Salinger in The catcher in the Rye.
23. “It is better to fail in Originality than to succeed in Imitation” – Herman Melville.
24. “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” –H.P Lovecraft.
25. “I wish if people have the honor of dragons.” – Terry Goodkind.
26. “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac.
27. “To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark” – Victor Hugo.
28. “Perhaps when we find ourselves everything, it is dangerously close to wanting nothing” – Sylvia Plath.
29. “ It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities” –J.K Rowling
30. “Even so I must admire your skill. You are so gracefully insane” – Anne Sexton.
31. “The choices we make can have lasting consequences” – John Bauer.
32. “Do not just seek happiness for yourself. Seek happiness for all. Through kindness. Through mercy” – David Levithan in Wild Awake.
33. “A room without books is like a body without soul” – Marcus Tullius Cicero.
34. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life” – Mark Twain.
35. “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book” – Groucho Marx.
36. “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it” – Oscar Wilde.
37. “The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”- Oscar Wilde.
38. “To say ‘I Love You’ one must know first how to say ‘I’” – Any Rand in The fountain Head.
39. “Even strength has to bow to wisdom sometimes.” – Ricky Riordian in The Lightning Thief.
40. “Think before you speak. Read before you think” – Frances Ann Lebowitz.
41. “No one is ever who you want them to be” – Rachel Cohn and David Levithan in Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares.
42. “We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream” – Peter S. Beagle in The Last Unicorn.
43. “It’s not a crime not to know yourself. It’s not a crime to send life away. It’s just a shame.” – Andrew O’ Hagan in Be Near Me.
44. “Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” – J.K Rowling.
45. “There are moments when. Whatever the position of the body. The soul is on its knees.” – Victor Hugo.
46. “A novel is like a bow, and the violin that produces the sound is reader’s soul.”- Stendhal.
47. “Being against evil doesn’t make you good” – Ernest Hemingway.
48. “You don’t get to choose if you hurt in this world but you have some say in who hurts you” – John Green.
49. “Nobody deserves your tears, but whoever deserves will not make you cry” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
50. “In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice” – Marquis De Sade.
51. “Whatever causes night in our souls may leave stars” – Victor Hugo.
52. “I like people who make me like them. Saves me so much trouble forcing myself to like them” – Anne of Green Gables.
53. “Laughter is sunshine; it chases winter from the human face” – Victor Hugo.
54. “In the end, we all become stories” – Margaret Atwood.
55. “Eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart.” – Antoine De Saint
56. “One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” – Antoine De Saint in The Little Prince.
57. “I wish to cry. Yet, I laugh, and my lipstick leaves a red stain like a bloody crescent moon on the top of the beer can” – Sylvia Plath.
58. “I believe that, before all else, I’m a human being, no less than you.” – Henrick Ibsen.
59. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light” – J.K Rowling.
60. “The moment where you doubt you can fly, you cease forever being able to do it” – J.M Barrie.