You thought that thanksgiving was all about eating that huge turkey and a large slice of pumpkin pie? Oh no! You can do much more than that. Why not decorate your house with something you and your kids made? Here are a few easy thanksgiving arts and crafts ideas for kids that both kids and parents will enjoy making together.
Here you will realize how you can get creative with a simple and small rock. So actually there are great ideas to go with rocks and here we will be talking about the beautiful and amazing easy rock painting ideas.
Easy Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Ideas for Kids
Not Just Turkey for Dinner but to Decorate your Table
- Paint a paper cup brown.
- Turn it upside down and stick a pom-pom to the top of the cup to make the turkey head.
- Take colored paper in orange, yellow, and brown and cut nine 4-inch leaf shapes.
- Fold a one-inch square piece of orange colored paper into half and then cut out a triangular shape for the beak.
- Fold a two-inch square piece of red colored paper into half, then cut a heart shape to make the turkey’s wattle.
- Glue the beak and the wattle to the pom-pom.
- Add some google eyes.
- Glue on the leaf shapes to the back of the cup.
Creative Place Mats for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Trace the largest plate you will be using on scrapbook paper.
- Cut out into circles.
- Glue feathers along the edges, leaving the center blank.
This is one of the easy thanksgiving arts and crafts ideas for kids that you can try.
Make your Pumpkin Look Cool
- Cut shapes from masking tape and glue them on to a pumpkin in any pattern that you like.
- Paint the pumpkin with black acrylic paint and dry it.
- Remove the tape and voila – a patterned pumpkin!
Try these easy thanksgiving arts and crafts ideas for kids and enjoy it with them!
Your Own Notepaper
- Find a nice leaf from your garden.
- Paint one side of the leaf with orange poster paint.
- Press the leaf on the bottom half of construction paper and remove carefully.
- Add a small stem with a paintbrush and dry it.
- Fold the paper in half, and you have your own notepaper!
A Fun Necklace
- Remove the top ring from a paper cup.
- Punch two holes in the top of the ring and one at the bottom center.
- Paint the ring.
- Cut a 20-inch cord piece and string a bead on each end. Make a loop and place one end through each loop hole. String some colorful beads onto the cord in a Y-shape.
- Push the two cords through the bottom center hole. Add a single bead.
- Attach a feather and a bead to each cord end.
Fall Decoration – Paper Plate Leaves
- Cut some paper plates into the shape of leaves.
- Tear colored tissue paper into small squares.
- Spread some glue on your paper plates and place the tissue paper in a mosaic design, completely covering them.
- Cut out a simple step from some card paper.
- Staple the stem onto the plates and let the artwork dry.
Not Just Pumpkins but Apples Too
- Paint on two coats of white paint onto paper rolls and let them dry.
- Draw some “seeds” on the middle of the paper rolls using black marker pen.
- Pierce a cupcake liner with a stick and glue it at one end of the paper roll.
- Glue another cupcake liner (without the stick) at the other end.
- Make little leaves from green construction paper and glue them to the sticks. Voila! You have paper apples
Have fun with these easy thanksgiving arts and crafts ideas for kids!